Thursday, March 17, 2005

I like it, I really like it

Ooooo... This site is a lot nicer than my previous blog site. All posts will be seen at this page from now on. :)

So - currently I should be studying for a quiz in my therapeutics class. Being as WVU plays at 9:30 tonight in the NCAA tournament, I only have 2 hours left to entertain the thought of studying. I even passed up an invitation for a NCAA tournament party to study. And yet, here I sit doing absolutely nothing. Perhaps it was the exam I took this afternoon that has turned my planned evening of productivity into mush? Today was my ICARE lab midterm. I was told that I didn't need to study (these were my professor's exact words) and therefore spent last night laying around the house doing nothing. Today at 3:00 (well actually 3:15 by the time Parrish stopped receiving signals from outer space) I learned that my patient is an alcoholic with a cirrhotic liver who currently has pneumonia. Compound this with the fact that he's chewed tobacco for 10 years and has high blood pressure and gout - and what I thought was going to be a 30 minute piece of cake, quickly turned into a 2 hour nightmare. It took the front and back of two pages to detail his ailments and make a plan for his treatment. In reality, his treatment would probably be referal to Hospice or a quick trip to the morgue. Senioritis has set in so bad that I contemplated sending him to the morgue. I figure the guy grading these wouldn't even notice that in my plan. So now that I've got that off my chest, perhaps I should start to study about the therapeutics of osteoporosis, osteomalacia, and Paget's disease? I'll think about it...

PS - LET'S GO MOUNTAINEERS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Huah!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home