Friday, March 18, 2005

How about them 'Eers?

WOOHOO! WVU is headed for the second round of the NCAA tournament. And, if you missed the game last night - you missed THE game. Creighton took off to a 10-0 lead quickly; WVU called a time out, settled the players, and then routed on their own 10-0 run. The game went back and forth like this the entire time. In the end, fate determined that WVU would get the last bite at the golden apple. Pittsnoggle pulled down a rebound, threw it to half court, that guy lobbed it into Tyrone Sally's hands and he dunked it with 2.5 seconds remaining. Creighton inbounded the ball and called time out when they reached half court. They had enough time to inbound the ball and get one shot off - there was exactly 1.8 seconds left. Creighton inbounded to a guy at the top of the key. He shot an airball, WVU rebounded and the buzzer sounded. WVU WON!!! It was an incredible game. It was well worth skipping studying to watch the game. Mainly becaues WVU won, but also because the my therapeutics quiz was incredibly easy. The questions asked were cake. I only read over my notes one time and totally aced it. It was looking like an incredible day. However, as I have so often told Kit - you can only climb so high before you must start back down hill. I get home and decide to go purchase some ducks. I drag my mother along with me and we decide to eat Pakistanian food. As we pull up to the restaurant, which sits on the main drag in a small town, we notice a school bus parked in the middle of the street. Upon closer observation I notice a man laying on the side walk. He is not moving and he appears to be unconscious. We park the car and get out. A paramedic comes running down the street. He rushes to the body and starts to look for breathing and assess for a pulse. Then an ambulance pulls up and they come running with a crash bag. I'm pretty sure this guy was dead or at least knocking on death's door. I couldn't take anymore - so I went into the Pakistanian restaurant. We ordered food to go. By the time the food was ready and we left, the body was gone. (I later learned that the guy was flown to a Level 1 Trauma Center by helicopter - his current status is unknown) We then headed to pick up my ducks. I am now the proud owner of 3 crested ducks. The answer to the following names - Yankee, Doodle, and Dandy. (This was my Mom's idea - and if you knew my mom, you'd know that once she had her heart set on something, there's no looking back). I also purchased another fish. This is my 5th fish in 3 weeks. I apparently am playing the role of the grim reaper in the fish world. My new fish isn't doing too well. He is just hanging around the bottom of the tank. I only bought him because the very nice guy at the pet store suggested him. I may take him back tomorrow and suggest the guy at the pet store flush him down the toilet. I could handle seeing him again. :) Now it's off to watch the GW Colonials upset Georgia Tech (whatever they are).
Let's Go Colonials!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey your invited to see the Mounties kick the shit out of Wake if you would like to come. I am sure B-Mar would like to hug you.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home