Saturday, June 24, 2006

Kick Me When I'm Down

This has been the absolute week from hell. The only positive thing is that the swelling in my left knee has totally absolved. Monday I received a telephone call from my residency informing me that I had a physical on Thursday at 1. My NAPLEX started at 1230 - totally impossible to be at my NAPLEX and physical at same time. I told them I could come any other day this week. I was told that this was not possible, as this was the only available day for the physical. The center lost my employment file, thus not having any record of me coming. My start day was bumped from June 26 to July 9 - apparently brining someone on in the middle of a pay period is a sin. Tuesday brought great news. HR moved the schedule around and got me a physical scheduled for Friday, which moved my start date back to June 26. Thursday was my NAPLEX (read - long and tiring). When I returned home Thursday evening I had a letter from the facility I'll be completing my residency at. The letter stated the wrong salary and docked me my benefits. Friday I got all that worked out - including a raise. Then my desktop computer completely crashed. (Currently I am running CHKDSK for the fifteenth time with no avail) Today I've broke out in some kind of rash on my legs. I'm just hoping it's not antibiotic related, seeing as I've finally started feeling better from the Lyme disease. So, does anyone else want to kick me while I'm down???? One final question - what the hell does "The application \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\sfcfiles.dll is not a valid windows image" mean? I'm guessing since this includes windows\system 32 it's not good at all...pass the beer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home