Monday, June 12, 2006

Diagnosis: Lyme Disease

After two doctors visits, three vials of blood, and one methylprednisolone dosepak, I have been diagnosed with Lyme disease. Apparently my swollen knee was not do to my graceful stumble after graduation, but rather to a disease I've had for several months. It seems as though the joint pain/stiffness that's been going on for almost 6 months really was a problem. The swollen knee gave me lots of time to study for the boards, especially since I've practically been a cripple since graduation. We shall see if all the study efforts pay off on Thursday when I sit for my Federal and State Drug Law Examination. My antibiotic makes me ill when I take it on an empty stomach. However, I am rather versed in the pharmacology and counseling points of doxycycline - which will come in handy next Thursday when I sit for the NAPLEX. I just hope I'm not still hobbling around when I start my residency on June 26. Did I just see Murphy peak around the corner? Damn him...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home