Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Thou Shalt Not Drink and...

Saturday amid all the graduation celebration, I found myself slightly inebriated. I would say "buzzed" is the buzz word for this condition. After leaving the restaurant on Saturday, I stepped of the curb onto main street and stumbled. It has become apparent to me over the past couple days that when I stumbled into main street, I twisted my knee. It is now the size of a cantaloupe and the swelling is inhibiting my ability to straighten it fully. I fell asleep last night with and ice bag on it only to be awakened at 3AM drenched in ice cold water. Something popped a hole in it in the middle of the night - I have a feeling it was probably my cat's claws. First post-graduation lesson - do not drink and stumble into main street. This lesson, I feel, will come in handy all throughout my life.

2 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

What did you do intern under Dr. Veltman? Imagine my surprise when I was watching Countdown with Keith Olberman and Dr John C. Veltman from Martinsburg makes the show. I about died laughing. Did you yell at the curb that it was beneath you?

4:34 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

HA! I can't believe that made the AP circuit! Some woman called the Journal Junction about what a great doctor he was - I figure he was so great because he gave her narcs. :)

And yes, I promptly told the curb it was beneath me! :) You're a quick one, you are.

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home