Thursday, May 11, 2006

Graduation Countdown: 2 Days

Today I completed the final day of my NAPLEX review session, which led me to conclude that I wasted $500. We totally skipped psychiatric drugs and the review of chemotherapeutic agents consisted of "They are listed in Table 1,250 for your reference." Thanks for that. I could've read that for myself. This evening was the rehearsal for my hooding ceremony. I've been waiting for this for six years, yet even as I sat on the stage listening to the agenda, I really couldn't grasp that in two days I will have some extra letters at the end of my name. Being cursed with a last name that starts with "W", I have earned myself a seat in the seventh row of students. I am sitting beside a very smell individual, who also is an honor code violator. Now, what did he do? Oh yea, he alledgedly traded sexual favors for test question answers. I find this quite amazing because the smell wafting my direction from his body was atrocious. No passing grade would ever be worth that. I'm swabbing Vicks Vaporub in my nostrils before the ceremony tomorrow. It wouldn't be fitting if I didn't stick my foot in my mouth one more time before the end of my academic career. As the dean was lining up students alphabetically, the student in the post below wasn't paying attention (surprised? I'm not). When he didn't get in line (I didn't know he actually was present), I said very loudly, "Surprise, he's not here." I was then informed that he was...at which point I made eye contact long enough to show my disgust and discover that he's still as clueless as ever - at least I don't have to stand beside him. However, I'm pretty sure he doesn't smell.

All in all, I think I'm finally mentally prepared for tomorrow and Saturday. I was stressing out about a couple things, but have settled them and decided that it is time to walk away. Closure is a good thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home