Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Idiot Speaks

Bush - "Folks are suffering at the gas pump."

Actually Mr. President, I'm not hurting at the pump - I'm dying at the pump! Gas in WV is $2.95/gallon. The Administration still denies price gouging in the oil industry, while Exxon reaps in its biggest profit margins ever. Instead of doing something about the impending oil crisis, the President is using our desperation at the pump to push alternative fuel sources. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for alternative fuel sources; however widespread adoption of these sources is years down the road. The public needs relief NOW. The President's response to the high gas prices? No action, just a pledge - "If we find any price gouging it will be dealt with firmly." Hmmm...sounds like a statement made when fingers were pointed at the Administration during the CIA operative leak - "If the leak came from within my administration, that person will be fired!" And we all know how heartfelt that pledge was...imagine the sincerity behind a pledge that would empty his pockets instead of his cabinet.

1 Comments:

Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Well put. 2 more freakin' years! Believe it or not, he still has supporters among the common folk. I met one the other day and couldn't believe my ears.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home