Friday, March 24, 2006

A Good Apple

Today was my final day of clinical rotations - ever. WOOHOO! It's a great feeling. As it always seems to be, walking away from this rotation was bittersweet. Mainly because I really liked my preceptor and the site, but also because walking away from this rotation meant walking towards graduation. A big step - but I'm more than ready for it. One of my favorite patients told me today that I was a "good apple." I asked the meaning of this compliment and he explained his "women are apples, men are wine theory." Women are like apples - the really good ones grow at the top of the tree and the bad ones fall to the ground. Men, being the simple creatures that they are, want an "easy" apple so they take the ones on the ground. But, every once in a while, you get a good man who's willing to climb the tree to get a good apple. I have to admit he made me laugh. So I just had to know what the men theory entailed. He told me that men were grapes and it took a really good woman to stomp the hell out of them and make a good wine. HA! He cracked me up. After my rotation, I decided a celebration was in order. I went out to dinner and then capped the evening with test driving a brand new car. I slid behind the wheel of the Lincoln Zephyr and drove around for a while...just enough to wet my appetite. Then I pissed of the salesman by telling him I wasn't buying anything tonight - just test driving. Is it July yet? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home