Saturday, April 01, 2006

First Day of the Rest of My Life

As I wrote earlier, I finished my clinical rotations over a week ago. I finished my practicum project this past week - all but the display board. Bored with my time, I started to think about the rest of my life - that is my life post-college. I figured the first step into the real world would to buy my own car. After Grafs informed me that my student loans could not be defered, I started to get a little depressed. I'd been eyeing a new car since last summer. I talked to several residents and decided to consolidate my loans (cheaper payment, longer payback period). Last week I test drove the Zephyr and was pretty disappointed in the car. It's advertised to be "miles ahead of Cadillac and Mercedes." Ha, I don't know who Lincoln thinks they're fooling - the Cadillac CTS blows the Zephyr out of the water. Last Wednesday I was driving around with my Mom and she insisted we look at Pontiacs. She and my sister were loyal Grand Prix drivers until my sister graduated to the CTS and my Mom to the Chrysler 300. Reluctant as I was, I allowed the salesman to tell me all about it. Then by chance they had this special edition model on the lot. It was pretty sweet - and it drove extremely well. I fell in love. When I got home I decided I was going to buy the car. A close friend found me a black special edition fully-loaded and had it delivered to me from Philadelphia (see above picture). I spent yesterday evening in at the garage playing with it. I will be the proud owner on Wednesday, April 5. My first NEW car, my first car loan, my first real-world purchase. I'm excited!!! :)

4 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Please don't tell me you trusted B-Mar to sell you a car. My money says you will be seeing alot more of him over the next year. Just FYI I got lifetime oil changes and inspections when I got mine. Go haggle some more!!

10:45 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

HA! It is a B-Mar special; however it was shipped to the dealer especially for me from another dealer. He actually gave me a pretty good deal - almost a $1000 over KBB and NADA for my car. I'm sure only time will tell on how sturdy it is. ;)

12:13 AM  
Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Congrats! It's a beaut.

9:34 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Thanks! :)

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home