Friday, April 28, 2006

The Sappy Post

While listening to classical music this evening, reality struck me square in the face. Two weeks from today I will receive my doctoral hood. Two weeks from tomorrow I will close the chapter on college life forever and embark on a series of new adventures. I sat down and reflected on the past six years. I have honestly met some of my greatest friends while in college. Six years ago I met Erica, Katie, and Ryan. Today, Katie is no longer in my graduating class; Erica and I hardly speak; and Ryan and I remain friends. Through lab partnerships, graduate school, and even a drunken Halloween party, we've kinda stuck it out. I've always seemed to bond better with men than women. While in pharmacy school, I met more great friends. Unfortunately most of those friendships were forged during our final year. I'm not scared of the real world. I'm actually ready for it. I'm excited about my residency. I'm excited about my future. I'm excited about the field of pharmacy and strengthening my profession. I guess I'm just getting a little nervous about the finality of it all. Everyone keeps saying our party next weekend is the "last hoorah." I suppose it is...I just don't know if I'm ready for all the "goodbyes."

3 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Did u mean "last hurrah" or "hurray?" Is it over "hurray?" or "Hurrah" let's party? Or maybe you are just following the lead of the "Decider" and just blending your own language.

2:45 AM  
Blogger ROMA said...

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!

2:46 AM  
Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Yeah I also have problems with favoring men. Most of the time, they are 100x easier to deal with. I'll work on this, though. As for the real world, let me at it!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home