Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Pleasure and Honor

I rolled out of bed this morning at a little before 6AM so that I could stop to vote on my way to my NAPLEX review. The polling place had a few individuals, but since all of them were scared of technology, I was able to vote right away. Our county just received electronic voting machines. For those afraid of the technology, there are still the old paper ballots. I was the first person to use the electronic voting machine at my precint. The right to vote is a freedom I take very seriously. Since turning 18 six years ago, I haven't missed an election yet - whether it be primary, general, or special. Today I took great pride and pleasure in touching the box beside Senator Robert Byrd's name for his historical 9th term in office. Yes, I know he still has to win the general election in November, but I think he's shoe in. :) It will be a great honor to select Senator Byrd's name in the general election this November. With Bush's approval rating at an all time low and non-existant Republican ethics, 2006 just very well may be the year the Dems retake Congress, both the House and the Senate. Now, to place that Byrd for Senator sign in my front yard...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home