Sunday, July 17, 2005

Mr. Harry Potter, if you please...

Yesterday at 11:35AM, I saw the mail lady pull up at my mailbox. I ran out of the house wearing my pajamas and rushed to the mailbox. When I pulled open the door, there he was...Harry Potter! Ok, I know, I'm 23 years old and this is supposedly a children's book. However, if you have read any of the books, you would know that this isn't just a children's book. So there he was in a white Amazon box with Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince tattooed across the side and large green letters proclaiming "Do NOT deliver before July 16!" I retrieved the box and carried him carefully inside. I promptly started reading. I took a break only to go to Rail Days (a town event celebrating the Roundhouse at our train station). 217 pages later, I decided to call it a day. For all you Harry Potter fans - this is an awesome book (not that I doubted anything less from Ms. Rowling). I have to admit, I'm a late comer to the Potter party. I watched the movies first, and then read the books. The third movie left me confused and wondering what was going on. I bought the books to figure out what was going on. I have read the first five books twice and I can't put the sixth one down. They absolutely blow the movies away. I have since hooked my sister-in-law and now my brother into being Potter fans. :) Muhahaha }=>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home