Friday, September 15, 2006

Black Sheep Resident

Today was another wonderful monthly, required resident meeting at XU. It was blatantly obvious from the moment I walked in the conference room that my residency program was somewhat of the black sheep. First of all, my residency director did not feel it necessary to attend the "mandatory meeting for all residents and residency directors." Needless to say, all other residency directors arrived. I was left pulling an explanation out of my ass. I remember saying words like "busy", "pharmacy director & residency director", and even "leadership". This did not settle well with the big khuana of the residency programs. It even prompted him to proclaim that he would be driving to our facility to chat with our director. Can I sell tickets to this interaction? Perhaps I'll just pop a bag of popcorn and sit in the hall and watch. The meeting progressed pretty well from this point forward. We polished our teaching philosophies and worked on learning objectives for lectures. After the meeting concluded, the residents wanted to set a time for the "disease state and journal club" discussions. Grafs and I decided to hightail out of there before being rope-a-doped into that. We've successfully dodged that bullett for now. We commented as we were running out the door that we are the renegade residents of the XU residency programs. Very well with me. I've already taken the liberty to explain to a former resident that my residency is totally different than hers AND that I will not be spending 6 days at the Mid-Year meeting regardless of how many she wishes to spend there. As my Nan would say..."Hussy!" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home