Sunday, September 24, 2006

Look Ma - No Hands!!!

Saturday was my first day as pharmacist in charge in the outpatient pharmacy. I have to admit, it was pretty exciting. It started off a little rough. I unlocked and disarmed the pharmacy just fine. Then there was the vault...it's that bank vault thing that all of the controlled substances are in. I spun the dial and spun the dial and couldn't get it to open. I had to call the pharmacy out of the inpatient pharmacy to unlock it. Thankfully he was able to get it because I dispensed a lot of narcs yesterday. The rest of the day was relatively uneventful. We were a little busy for a Saturday. The tech ran mailers while I worked the window. Every once in a while I'd check her mailers and she'd package them up. Today I worked in the inpatient pharmacy with CZ. We had a pretty good day. It wasn't too busy - but it was steady enough to make the day fly by. I even had one of the ER physicians tell me that I was a ray of sunshine. Apparently the ER was pretty hectic today and full of nasty people. It's always nice to be appreciated. I suppose this was my last real "milestone" to feeling like a real pharmacist. I couldn't help thinking when I was carrying TPN to the med/surg floor that I was running the pharmacy...and enjoying it...and pretty damn good at it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home