Saturday, September 16, 2006

On Recurring Dreams

I have been having a dream recurrently since last summer. The scenery changes, but the central theme is always the same. The script and the characters are always the same. I thought this dream was finally over after I graduated from pharmacy school; however I had it again the past Thursday night - after a four month absence. I haven't seen the main subject in the dream since May 13, and I don't believe we've spoken to each other in over a month. I've often thought that dreams are the windows to your heart's truest desires. This dream has made me question that repeatedly. At the end of the day, even if my heart did desire it, I know it will never occur. I've tried to act on it before and always end up walking away from the experience with my heart in my hand. Needless to say, I usually feel like crap the day following the dream. I've thought about sharing it with the person in the dream, but better judgment has always kicked in. Perhaps one day I'll finally tell him how I feel...or by that time, perhaps it will be how I felt. In the meantime, I'm stuck with this dream that makes me incredibly happy while I'm sleeping...and incredibly foul when I'm awake.

3 Comments:

Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Yeah...Those dreams DO make one miserable during waking hours.

Renegade residents! I love the sound of that. We were always renegade. Just try and stop us :)

7:49 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

Just tell Melvin you love him already. He said he is willing to take one for the team.

7:16 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

HAHAHA! I have a feeling Melvin is in Jamaica...having his visa revoked due to a drug charge. =) I think of him when I hear Bob Marley on the radio. LOL.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home