Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Rotation #2 Synopsis

Rotation #2 started Monday morning with the alarm clock sounding at 6AM. Now to most of you, this may seem extremely early; however since for the past 4 weeks I had been rising at 4AM, this is cake! The new site is a retail pharmacy/home infusion/doctor office supply hodgepodge place. My first day was boring as hell. The head pharmacist told me that she was going to give me an "important task" that apparently many students have a problem with. Hell I figured I was going to be ordering narcotics or something. No...she wanted me to put the stock bottles away. I asked her if their bays were arranged alaphabetical by brand name and she goes, "Oh no, that's too confusing." So my next question was, "Then why the hell is putting the stock bottles away so damn hard????" Actually, I asked myself that question and put all her stupid bottles away in like 3 minutes. She was amazed. The rest of the day was filled with similar incidents. Tuesday she even let me take a message from a doctor's office because "it's time I learn to do that!" (That's a direct quote.) Ok - I've been working at a pharmacy for over two years and I've been taking doctor calls for um...let's see...oh yea 2 YEARS! So I took that doctor call and she practically peed herself because I got all the "pertinent" information. This woman must be surrounded by pure idiots. The women that work there aren't idiots. They are some of the best technicians I have encountered. I guess she's just a flake. Today I actually worked with my preceptor. I made KOH 10% solution for the women's health center to burn genital warts off with. That was fun. KOH melts when it sits at room temperature in light and it will eat your hands. Fun stuff to play with - wouldn't want it anywhere near the genital area though. So in the end, rotation #2 is pretty painless and I'm home by 5:40 every day - which, after living 4 weeks as a DC commuter, feels pretty damn good. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Maybe the woman is not a flake, just maybe the place where you have worked for the past 2 years has trained you to be a SUPERSTAR. I think you owe a Kudos to your boss. You know the one at the job that pays you.

10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home