Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Oh my God, I'm Stuart!

For lunch today, I decided to grab some Chik-Fil-A. After giving me my bag of food, I asked the drive-thru guy from some Polynesian sauce. After a slight discussion about the merits of receiving more than 1 packet of sauce, the guy told me that it had been his pleasure to serve me and smiled. I smiled back and sped away. When I relayed this message to my boss (a mistake on my part - thus opening me up to ridicule the rest of the evening!!!), his reply was, "You're that guy from MadTV. What's his name? The one that says 'Stooooooop!' STUART! You're Stuart!" At first I adamantly denied this...but as the conversation drew on, I started to see the similarities. On the whole I would consider myself an assertive woman. When I don't think something is right, I speak up and say so. I go after want I want in life....except when it comes to love. Twice in my life I have gone after what I wanted...and twice I have been burned (badly on one occassion). Thus, I have become Stuart. I quickly retreat into my shyness for safety when situations like the one above occur. Stuart...I can't believe my boss called me Stuart!!! HA!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home