Sunday, November 27, 2005

Heights, Sights, and Twinkling Lights

I've come to realize that Thanksgiving isn't so much about giving thanks as it is about kick starting the Christmas season. My turkey hadn't even settled in my stomach before the Christmas shows started popping up on my television. And the sales...sheesh. Everything 99% off!!! I avoided retail establishments like the plague on Black Friday. Instead, I spent the day putting up decorations outside. I wrapped all my shrubs in little twinkle lights and inflated my Homer Simpson santa. Darkness fell before I could plug everything in. Today I went back out to plug in everything. I felt like the house was missing something...then I realized it. It would look so much better with lights outlining my roof. :) I drug out the ladder and set to work. The ground level roof wasn't so bad...but then when I got to the second story roof... I have never been on my roof. Truth be told, I'm scared to death of heights. I kept telling myself how bare the house looked and pushed myself onto the roof. I even got the extension ladder out and put lights on the second story gutters. After house was outlined, I plugged in all the lights around the house. I felt like Clark Griswald. I almost did the drum roll with my tongue when I plugged the master plug in. And true to Griswold form, half the twinkle lights were out...as were 2 strings of icicle lights on the roof. Luckily, the strands were on the ground level roof, not the second story roof. I dug through the box of Christmas lights and found 2 brand new icicle strands. Then I had to put gutter clips on them...and then it started to rain. A nice cold rain... But I got the lights up and the house looks very festive. Mission accomplished...now onto the inside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home