Tuesday, November 01, 2005

And Now I Introduce Murphy....again

Yesterday I started my cardiology selective rotation. This is the one rotation that I have been looking forward to since I got my rotation schedule. From the looks of it, it is going to be pretty good - a lot of work, but good nonetheless. On the way home for my rotation yesterday, I started to smell what I thought was burning rubber. I looked in the fields along the interstate to see if someone was burning something. I didn't see anything. Then my car started to act odd. I made it home (the mechanic doesn't know how) and found my rear wheels to be EXTREMELY hot. I mean the heat was just emanating from them. Come to find out, the rear brake calipers locked up. Very nice...does it sound expensive? Because it is! $800 later, I still don't have a car. The mechanic did not have the parts in stock but promised me he would have them this afternoon. I borrow my dad's Avalanche for the day - not even thinking about the height restrictions in the parking garage. When I got to the hospital this morning, I saw a sign that said, "Clearance 7'7"" Hmmm...is the car that tall??? I had no idea, so I figured what the hell and pulled in. I was doing fine until I came around the corner and met a light hanging from the ceiling. I didn't hit it...but I had to just barely clear it. I am supposed to park on the fifth level, so I wound my way up through garage in pursuit of the fifth level. The sign for the fifth floor reads "Clearance 6'6"" I was pretty sure I wasn't going to clear that one. I didn't want to try it and get the truck stuck on the ramp, so I parked on the far end of the garage. Thanks Murphy for another swell start to a rotation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home