Saturday, October 08, 2005

To Be a Fly on the Wall...

Here's are some snippets from conversations that I was privy to at the VAC on Friday...

Old Man - "I'm 84."
The Scot - "Well, I wouldn't tell anyone that. You look like you're 50. You must be in great health."
Old Man - "Actually, I screwed up my lungs and heart by smoking, but my penis works great. I take care of the ladies."
The Scot - "You are a crude man."


LiarLiar - "I fell out of a chopper in 'Nam and shattered my spine."
The Scot - "What did you do, trip over your gun?"
LiarLiar - "No you sonofabitch, my parachute didn't inflate."
Irish Lady - "Did you hurt your arms?"
LiarLiar - "Lady, how the hell would I have hurt my arms?"
Irish Lady - "Well, it is just instinctual to put your arms out when you are falling."
LiarLiar - "Lady, my arms were full! I had a M-14 in one arm and my parachute in the other."
The Scot - "Well, perhaps that's why your parachute didn't inflate?"


The Scot - "Did you know the most deadly snake in the world is a brown cobra? Death ensues a mere 3 seconds after his bite."
RxAhsirt - "Really?"
LiarLiar - "You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground - the deadliest snake in the work is the Vietnam Viper."
The Scot - "I do not know of a snake by that name."
LiarLiar - "Well obviously you weren't in the jungle. It's more commonly known as the 1 and 1/2 step viper."
The Scot - "I think you're confusing your geography. The 2 step viper is indigenous to South America."
LiarLiar - "You Kennedys are all the same - think you know it all."
The Scot - "Again, your geography fails you man. The Kennedys were Irish, I am Scottish."

4 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

I was thinking about the question I asked you at the farewell dinner on the way home and thought to myself what you must have been thinking when I asked it and laughed all the way home. Did you think I was talking about myself? The look on your face was priceless.

3:40 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

HA! That was my first thought, but it quickly passed. And then I thought you meant CZ and that totally freaked me out. LOL. I bet the look on my face was priceless... LOL!

6:29 PM  
Blogger aC. said...

hmmm...it's amazing that the simple lessons in life are heard.

5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Isn't healthcare great!?!? I love the conversations you overheard...priceless! :)

7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home