Monday, September 19, 2005

Day 1 @ the VAC

I'm glad my commute to rotation #4 was not indicative of how the rest of the day would pan out. I followed a Digging and Rigging crane down Route 9 at the lightening speed of 10mph. When I arrived at the gate to the VAC, the federal police officer asked me for my badge. At this point my heart dropped to my stomach and I figured I would be barred entry (my father had been threatening this exact situation for 2 weeks). However, I calmly explained that I was a pharmacy student and it was my first day. He accepted my school ID as a temporary ID badge and gave me directions. In the parking lot I was stopped to 2 elderly gentleman looking for a good place for breakfast. I referred them to Bob Evans and Crackerbarrel in my hometown. I even gave them directions. I then marched into the VAC and found a fellow classmate sitting in the lobby. DE waved me over and we proceeded to the basement together. We spent all morning in orientation, followed by reception of our ID badges and parking passes. Lunch was free...as a matter of fact, all meals are free if I eat in the Dom - which is eerily reminiescent of my middle school cafeteria. Tomorrow I will probably venture into the Canteen - where the meals are not free, but also are more palatable. On the way to the Dom, DE and I discovered the mini-golf course. I believe we're playing golf tomorrow afternoon! The day ended with promises of surgery observations and an awesome rotation experience. I say - "Amen." Oh and..."KISS MY ASS XYZ!" :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home