Saturday, September 03, 2005

Do I Know You?

Last week at the XYZ, while I was working the famed Inputting Station #1, I encountered a gentleman that knew who I was but I had no clue who he was. He kept insisting that he knew me from somewhere. I couldn't put a name with his face, nor did it even look slightly familiar. I told him I worked at Martin's Pharmacy and that was probably where he knew me from. He informed me that this couldn't be since he never shops at Martin's. He asked if I was from around here, I said yes - been here my whole life. He was really holding up the line at this point, so I told him that it would be about 15 minutes until his prescription was ready and that I'd page him when it was. As he turned to walk away, he said, "You used to ride the MARC train." I stopped typing and just looked at him. I rode the MARC train 3 months ago and the only people I even made acquaintances with were those that rode on the quiet car. I didn't recognize him from that group. I told him that I worked in DC for 4 weeks at Washington Hospital Center and did in fact ride the MARC train during tha time. His reply - "Yes! You rode in the quiet car. I rode one car in front of you and I'd see you every morning when you got on the train." And then, my mind clicked. I saw the guy - not in the gym shorts and t-shirt he was wearing at my counter - but wearing his three piece suit, reading the Washington Post, and drinking a cup of coffee. Each morning when I would board the train, I had to walk through his car to get to the quiet car. Both being from the same small friendly town, we'd nod and smile at each other. This struck up a little conversation. It was kind of neat to finally put a name with a face. I thought I was incognito on the train, but apparently being a new person, I was noticable. Thank God I ran into this guy on the street and not the Nigerian stalker!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home