Thursday, August 18, 2005

From the mouths of babes...I mean adults

Today I learned I have "tell me your life story" tattooed across my forehead. Case in point - Officer Feelgood* approached the pharmacy drop off window at 5PM. He showed me his state police officer badge (I think he was trying to intimidate me) as he was digging for his insurance card. After I input his script, he asked me what medicine his wife could put on an ingrown hair. He told me she got the hair out with a pair of tweezers, but the area was now very sore. She wanted a topical analgesic. So as I walked out the swinging door to help him, he goes, "I should probably tell you where the hair is." I stopped dead in my tracks. Naive Rx Ahsirt was thinking ingrown hair on the arm - possibly the leg from shaving. WRONG! I feebly asked, "Where's the hair?" He replies (with a totally straight face), "Oh, it's in MY happy place." He then proceeded to tell me that she uses some kind of miracle wax. I almost told him, "Yes, apparently it's working miracles on YOUR happy place." But I bit my tongue and tried to keep from laughing. I grabbed the Bactine from the shelf and handed it to him and started to walk away. He goes, "It's on her lip! Can she use this there??" At this point, I could take no more. I stuck him at the counseling area and retrieved JJ, the pharmacist. He was not amused. He basically told the guy "take it or leave it." HA!

Today I also learned that prescriptions can be inputted as "rush" instead of just "wait" or "promise." Basically a "wait" tells the techs and the pharamcists that the person is in XYZ waiting on the prescription. "Promise" means they dropped it off and will return later. "Rush" means - get it done now and get them the hell out of here. A middle-aged man dropped of a script for pen needles for his wife's insulin pins. BB said, "Put a rush on that." I was thinking "A rush on insulin needles?? Is she in diabetic shock??" I was wrong. Apparently the middle aged man has bladder problems and pees himself...in the store waiting chairs. I couldn't think of a better reason to put a "rush" on a script. Personally, I didn't want to smell urine all day...and I'm sure the guy would've been embarassed if he peed himself. Just another day at the XYZ...one more until the weekend! :)

*Not his real name - name has been changed to protect the moron

1 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

And you don't want to deal with these types of issues for the rest of your life? I just don't understand. A man that pees himself and a cops wife with ingrown pussy lips, sounds like a fun day to me. I can't wait to find out what happens over the next 4 weeks.

10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home