Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Rotation from Hell

Monday officially marked the beginning of my third clinical rotation (and final clinical rotation for those who are counting). Allow me to put it in perspective for you - I'd rather be back in DC at Washington Hosptial Center. I have never met a more miserable bunch of people in my life. Perhaps its because they fill 700 prescriptions per day? Whatever the reason, they are just plain miserable. My preceptor is a really nice guy; unfortunately he can't make up for the rest of the crew. I wasn't introduced to anyone - and no one really wants to know who I am. To quote one of the pharmacists, "I don't know how she's doing. Frankly, as long as she stays out of my way, I don't care." That made me feel great... My self-esteem is taking yet another low blow. Aside from my preceptor, there is one other person that is remotely nice to me. He's another pharmacist. Monday we exchanged "hellos" and today he actually helped me with a claim! Wow! Here's how a typical day goes for me: 10am - arrive at pharmacy and take up post as inputter. 11am - maintain post. 12pm - maintain post. 12:30pm - give lunch order to one of the minions to pick up. 1pm - maintain post. 2pm - maintain post. 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm - maintain post. 8pm - leave pharmacy. Yep, that's right, you didn't see "lunch break" or "break" on there anywhere. I don't get a lunch!!!! I don't even get to sit my ass down for 5 freaking minutes. It's gonna be a long damn 6 weeks.

2 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Another first impression from ohshit. I bet by the time the rotation is over you will be just as mean spirited and realize that retail pharmacy for a super chain SUCKS, but someone has to do it. Like all over corporate America the employees are realizing that the company does not care about you so why should you care about the job you are doing for them. They will fuck you over and give your job away as soon as they figure out how to do it. On the bright side you should get on JL's email list some of the stuff he sends out is hilarious. I'll send you a sample.

11:51 PM  
Blogger FuschiaReads said...

Hi - just found your blog by doing the 'next blog' button. I really enjoyed reading it - you write so well! Its a shame 'globalization' seems to mean companies are the same selfish slackers the world over. Good luck with your studies!

12:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home