Saturday, August 13, 2005

Circus of Sins Here I Come...

On Saturday, March 26 at 10:00AM I logged onto Ticketmaster.com and worked my magic for Crue tickets. My dumb ass forgot my password, thus forgoing the second freaking row seats that I had ordered! I did, however, procure 3 tickets for seats about 12 rows from the stage. ROCK ON! Today, I finally get to enjoy the fruits of my labors. $100 and five months later, I am going to be standing, yelling, and jumping at a Crue concert! Due to heavy influence from my brother (and some from my sister), I have grown up being a true metal and rock fan. I cherish the memories of me sitting on my brother's floor and listening to him jam out to bands like Metallica (good Metallica, none of that post-Black album shit), Zeppelin, and even the likes of Crue. He had four guitars hanging on his wall and a Marshall half-stack in the corner of his room. The guitars were a 6-string Ovation, a 12-string Ovation, a gorgeous Les Paul, and his original stark red Pevey. He had a wa-wa pedal and a talk box. I walked away from this experience with a love for bands like Crue, GNR, and Skid Row. 15 years later, I'm actually seeing Crue in concert. Needless to say, I am really going to enjoy tonight. I need to let my hair down and relax and quite frankly, nothing releases pent up stress like rock music pumping at about 1000 decibels. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home