Monday, August 22, 2005

Liberated...Free at Last!

The chains that bound me, bind me no more! Today I was liberated from the inputting station by my preceptor! :) He was on vacation last week and was slightly dismayed that I had been tied to inputting station 1 all week. Today I moved up in the pharmacy world - I was placed at production station 2. Woohoo! My poor wrists are so happy!!! :) Now, instead of inputting 7000 prescriptions a day, I wonder aimlessly around the pharmacy on a never ending quest to find the drugs to fill the scripts. The drug bays at this pharmacy have no rhyme or reason to their arrangement. First, there's the dispensing machine that holds the "Top 200" drugs - except amoxicillin 500mg (I haven't figured out why I have to hand count the amoxicillin and not the hydrocodone). Then there's the very fast mover section located over the production stations. Next there's the fast mover section, where drugs are arranged alphabetical by drug name. Behind these bays are sections devoted to ophthalmic, otic, vaginal, and injectable products. Birth control pills, liquids, reconstitutables, and all topical formulations have their own section as well. Finally there's the slow mover section...where the drugs are arranged alphabetical by BRAND name. I get so freaking lost. Case in point - it took me 15 minutes to find generic Accuretic (quinapril/HCTZ). First I thought, quinapril/HCTZ isn't a fast mover and it definitely isn't a very fast mover. The label didn't say "Smart Cabinet," therefore I knew it wasn't in the machine. It's not an opthalmic, otic, vaginal, topical, or injectable product. It's not a liquid or a reconstitutable - and it's not birth control. This leaves the slow mover section. I go back there and only find Accupril. So I go to the "Q's" - but then I rememeber that the slow mover section is alphabetical by Brand and return to the "A's." No quinapril/HCTZ - hell there wasn't even Accuretic!! I returned to the fast mover section to the "Q's" - since it is arranged alphabetical by drug name. No dice. Finally, I threw up my arms in defeat and asked MM for assistance. The freaking quinapril/HCTZ was located in the "A's." WTF??? MM explained that it shouldn't be there, but that's where it was. Thank God that person wasn't waiting on their prescription! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home