Thursday, December 01, 2005

Ahsirt Slays the Twinkle Lights

I am truly Clark Griswald. Since decorating the house, I have battled 3 sets of icicle twinkle lights, 2 100 bulb sets of multi-color twinkle lights, 1 100 bulb set of white twinkle lights, and 2 50 bulb sets of multi-color twinkle lights. Every time I turn around, half a set is out, or in the case of my shrubs - the entire 100% brand new set is burnt out. I tried changing fuses and bulbs and finally realized that for $1.59, my sanity is worth buying another set. I'm keeping the local Wally World in business. Six days later - I am 75% finished with decorating the house. Saturday is the traditional family Christmas Tree hunt. We still trek out into the woods and cut down our own. (I told you we were the Griswalds) We break out a picnic lunch and some hot chocolate (spiked with Goldschlagger or Buttershots or Razzmatazz) and head up the side of the mountain. It just wouldn't be Christmas without it. Sadly, the tree farms are becoming a thing of the past. Four years ago, the farm we went to for years closed down and this year will be the last for the farm we've been going to since the closing of the last one. It's becoming a housing development. It's really sad to see development taking away such things. Once again, it proves that nothing stays the same. For now, I have a couple more strands of twinkle lights to unravel and string amongst the interior of my house. Off to more decorating!

2 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

1. I am shocked that you are shopping at Wally World, I thought we had a pact to never step foot into that evil place again. everytime you step foot in there you are helping close a mom and pop store in this country that you love so much and you are promoting Child labor in China for your lost cost X-mas (notice no Christ in Christmas) decorations.

2. Make sure AOE gets a whole tree this year, I know as the years go by one may forget mistakes made in the past. It is up to us to help him remember the past so he does not repeat it.

9:24 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

I know - it truly is against my religion to shop at Wally World; HOWEVER - now that I am gainfully unemployed and truly living the life of a poor college student, Wally World fits the budget. Is it time for my tax return yet??? :)

HA! I'm going to make sure AOE remembers the time he left half the tree on the mountain - still attached to the original stump. :) It was his first tree...since then he gets on the ground and assures that there is only 1 trunk, not 2. HA!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home