Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Where is the Consideration?

Last weekend Axis, his family, and I went to a nearby town for an evening of dinner and shopping. We ate dinner at this amazing Indian restaurant - quite possibly the best Indian food I've ever had. Then we walked around the downtown strip and gazed in the windows. We found a couple neat stores - even one that sold George W. Bush toilet paper. It was toilet paper with Bush's mug on it. The selling slogan - "Wipe your Tush with Bush!" HA! On the way back to our humble hometown, Axis asked me if I had any Blacked Eyed Peas songs he could download. I was shocked that #1) he knew who they were (when Axis lived at home, posters of Alice in Chains and several guitars adorned his walls) and that #2) he wanted a song. The song in question was the "Where is the Love" song - which I have to admit is a very good, political song. Anyway, talking about this song made me thing that I should write one entitled, "Where is the Consideration?" Allow me to share some reasons why...

1 - A former co-worker's wife had a baby in early November. The weekend after Thanksgiving, I gave the co-worker a present for the baby girl, which included 2 outfits and 2 little hats for her head. Today is December 21 (almost 1 month later) and I have not received a thank you card. Where is the consideration?

2 - On October 25, I asked a former preceptor to write me a letter of recommendation for residency. I asked to receive the letter by November 25. Figuring that he's probably a pretty busy guy (being the Pharmacy Director at a major metropolitan hospital), I let him slide until December 9. At this point, I sent him a friendly reminder email that I had not received his letter. I received no response from him. On December 16, in a panic attack, I wrote him another email telling him that I had not received the letter. Today, while I was popping Prilosec OTC, I wrote him another email telling him that I could not apply for the residency until I had his letter. Two minutes later, he sent me an email back apologizing for his lack of replying and explaining that he had not yet wrote the letter (!!!) but would have something out by the end of the week. I feel like Clark Griswald...Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Jay, my preceptor, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Irving Street with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol? (Honestly, where's the consideration???)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home