Saturday, December 09, 2006

A Salute to California

A more appropriate name for this post would be, "A Salute to American Airlines." Because, American Airlines gave me the scenic tour of the US this past week. I was in 4 airports last Sunday and 3 on Thursday. My original flight out of IAD was delayed - causing me to miss my connection in Chicago. The next direct flight to Anaheim was overbooked...so American Airlines offered me a chance to go back to my all time favorite Californian city of San Francisco. :) I did purchase a lovely coffee mug at SFO to remember the trip. HA! The weather in Cali was perfect - which makes it really hard to tolerate the 22 degrees I woke up to this morning. My hotel rocked. I've never had such nice service. I miss the "lack of responsibility" I had out there. I tried to leave some baggage out west...but I think it followed me home. I'll deal with it in due time. So to keep this short, here's the highlights of the trip:

1. Being in DC, Chicago, San Francisco, and Anaheim all in one day
2. Seeing Dana Carvey in person - I'll never be able to say California correctly again!
3. Medieval Times - Bidding farewell to the Red & Yellow knight was awfully difficult
4. Walking - Grafs and I walked 30 minutes to and from the convention center each day. Plus, I even walked to Disney Land from the hotel. It was awesome to be out in the nice weather.
5. The Saloon - Our hotel had a knock-off saloon for a bar. I dreamed I was busting through the saloon doors with Doc Holliday. :)

The airplane ride home wasn't much smoother than the trip out. Our connection in Dallas was delayed ~ 45 minutes because someone overflowed the toilet in the first class section. Our pilot rocked though...he told the first class passengers that they could piss in the Coach section. HA! We landed in DC about 20 minutes late...but at least I made it home in one piece. Here's to Vegas in 2007!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home