Saturday, May 12, 2007

Conference Baltimore

Today I returned from my final conference as a resident. I managed to pull off my poster presentation without too many hitches, not fall off the wall into the bay, and navigate my way back to the hotel after partying at the harbor for 4 hours. By far the highlight of the conference was the view from my hotel room (please see the picture above). With all the excitement of a small child, I opened the curtains to my hotel room and found Baltimore's Rescue Company 1. I jumped up and down and snapped the picture found above. Of course, the luster of the fire department wore off somewhere around 3:30am when for the 100th time the firetruck went out the door sirens whaling and horn blasting. This was all negated this morning when I got to watch the guys wash the trucks. I think the rest of the conference centered around something pharmacy related. Actually I jest...it was a pretty good conference. The fire department was just an added bonus.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Incidentally, the firemen were all sitting outside next to our garage. I almost called you but they weren't that hot.

8:49 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

Were there any women fire fighters?

Congratulations on the job!!! :)

Rescue Me coming back soon--Hurray

11:29 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Women firefighters? Who cares about women? I'm only interested in the FDNY calendar-look-alike MALE firefighters. :) There's a severe shortage of those type of firefighters in this area, so I have to take them where I can get 'em. Thanks for the congrats. I'm excited! :) I'm counting down the days for Rescue Me. :) Firefighters AND Dennis Leary - it's too good.

10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home