Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Ahsirt the Super Tech

Tonight I am sewing a large "S" in the back of my white coat. With the official firing of the "no call, no show" technician, I have stepped up to the plate to bring the team home. Today I taught myself how to use QS/1 software. Anyone who has had the pleasure, or displeasure, of working with this horrid software realizes that this is no small feat. My saving grace is that the sig codes are exactly the same as Martin's software. Once again I have tricked my preceptor into believing that I am phenomenal. Today I inputted, filled, and checked prescriptions. Ladies and gentlemen, I am a full service pharmacy. I haven't used the cash register yet...and am conveniently keeping a safe distance from it. Today I learned that apparently my employer pharmacy is the "soup Nazi" in regards to narcotics. These people hand the shit out like candy. They even bypass DUR rejects and cough up excuses such as, "It probably has different directions" and "Oh, they're only 8 days early." Did I mention they only sell brand name narcs? A sure sign that shit isn't right. I tried to explain this to JW - the student from WVU. He guffawed at me. Look, when the medical assistance patient is requesting brand name Percocet and throwing down 100s of dollars, that's a sign that something isn't kosher. He didn't believe me. This store even has brand name Dilaudid. I have never seen brand name Dilaudid. When I told them the generic equivalent was available for all Oxycontin strengths, they just glared at me. They don't even have generic Oxycontin 80s! I did their narc inventory yesterday and was just totally amazed at the amount of brand name drugs on the shelves and the cost of their narcs!

Today's Highlight: Explaining to JW the reason he couldn't find a diaphragm on the pill shelves. He had filled the prescription for 65 diaphragms as opposed to a size 65 diaphragm. He also wondered if that was a 65 day supply. I walked away from our conversation convinced that he had no idea what a diaphragm was until he talked with me today.

2 Comments:

Blogger ThatIsMeWhat said...

Yeah we just got a WVU student in today. She isn't bad, but certainly not as "on the ball" about things as I am. But what can you expect? :-P

8:51 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Darth - HA! I have no idea how diaphragms are sized. I certainly hope it is more along the lines of needles guages - otherwise - WHOA NELLY!

PS - Only 6 more days of driving to McLean. You're gonna make it!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home