Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Music and Politics

Thanks to my new iPod Nano, I've been spending a considerable amount of time listening to music again. From iTunes, I purchased the new Green Day album - American Idiot. Holy crap...it rocks to say the least. This is what I remember rock music being - a bold statement. The powerful lyrics remind me of CSN&Y and CCR during the Vietnam War. It's got me motivated to get back into the political scene, especially since 2006 is an election year for Congress. I've also noticed that Green Day isn't the only band out there making a political statement. Future Leaders of America are pretty politically outspoken. Their lead singer makes bold statements against the policies of George W. Bush. His passion reminds me of Axis pre-election 2004. Another surprising band is the Blacked Eyed Peas. I'm not talking about the My Humps song...sheesh. I'm talking about the "Where is the Love?" song. Pretty straight forward...and it was an inspiring piece for Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11. So, I've decided that I'm throwing my hat in the ring and going back to being politically outspoken.

3 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Does that mean you are going to be a part-time pharmacist and run for the State legislature so you can eventually take over for Shelly Moore Bush in Congress in 2008.

10:41 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered it... But at this point in my life, I'm not ready for it. When I was at the VA, several pharmacists told me I would make an awesome politician. It stuck with me...as well as your continual insistance. I'm not ready now...but I promise, you will be the first to know when I am. :)

2:55 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

That would almost make me move home to WV. You can bet that I would send you money, although I would recommend no large contributions and run as a reform candidate against the money of Blankenship. He is going to back every Republican candidate in the Eastern Panhandle esp. on the Senate side. They only need 5 seats and they see John Unger's seat as the key. Their plans are to get his seat then to redraw the lines to get 2 more and hopefully they will find the other 2 somewhere.

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home