Saturday, December 24, 2005

Tis the Season...for Redemption

I have written several times before about our neighbors from Hell. It really isn't as much the neighbors as it is the teenage jerks that come to the house to visit the teenage boy next door. On his own, Bubba Jr is actually a nice kid. I've had the occassion to talk to him. He's pretty much a loner, but a sweet kid. Recently, he's been bonding with my father. My Dad helps him fix his bumpin' thumpin' stereo and fog lights on his truck. He even tried to help repair a cut fuel line. (Did I mention the boy's father never comes around?) So, God bless my Dad for trying to make a difference. I've recently been fed up with his friends and have resorted to calling the local Sherrif's Department when they drag race in front of my house. So, 30 minutes ago, my front door bell rang and there stood Bubba Jr with a gift. It was a huge spiral sliced ham. He kept telling me how much he appreciates our family and how great we are as neighbors. (At this point, I really felt like an ass for calling the 5-0 on him...) He said he hoped we had a Merry Christmas and again thanked me for being a good neighbor. When I got carried the ham inside, I noticed a card attached. I opened it, and out fell a $50 gift card to Outback. The card was another set of Thank You's and another praise of our neighborness. It's truly amazing what the holidays do to people. :) And I promise, I won't call the 5-0 on Bubba Jr...at least until January 2. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home