Saturday, June 02, 2007

So Far

Ten points if you recognized that the last two titles to posts are Buckcherry song titles. :) So far, this has been a great year. For the first time in a long time, I can actually say I'm happy. I enjoy getting up and going to work every day. I feel rejuvinated. My residency is officially over this coming Friday. There were days I hated it, days I loved it, and days I couldn't wait until freaking June 8. For the first time, the end of something isn't bittersweet. Sure I'll miss the 30 minute walks around the VA and the "rock star" persona the residents have at the VA. However, at 25, being the rock star isn't as important anymore. I'm ready to be the respected staff pharmacist. I'm ready to help coach our new residents to be "rock stars" for a year. I guess I'm making that final transition to full-fledged pharmacist. I know now that I am ready. And this is good - because Monday, June 11 I transition to my full-time staff position at the VA. I still smile when I say it...and I think I'll be smiling for a long time when I think about my job choice. As far as my personal life...there are still some glaring holes, but I finally have surrounded myself with people that support me and make me feel whole, rather than sucking the life out of me. The best part is, they're my co-workers. So now, they're enriching my life personally and professionally. It's amazing. And...I've found someone who can jump up and down with me when we listen to Buckcherry. HA! It's a good feeling. So far, I feel better than I've felt in a long time. I feel healthy and inspired. I look in the mirror and I'm pretty happy with the person I see looking back at me. Gone is the bleach blond hair and the extra pounds. Looking back is a clear face and a shaplier body. And the hair - it's now brown with some fun color in it. The best part - staring back at me is a strong, independent, intelligent woman who is confident in her position in life. Apparently this residency taught me more than drug knowledge. I got more from this experience than I ever could've imagined. So far, I have no regrets about chosing this path. And being that there are only 5 days left of the residency, I don't think there ever will be any regrets. It's about time I stop regretting decisions I've made and start embracing them. Finally, so far, Buckcherry is still the greatest band in the world (see Joe - I am relentless in that). :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home