Thursday, June 21, 2007

Summer in Summary

So...this is my first post as a full-time, staff pharmacist at the VA. Funny, it feels the same as all the other posts. Oddly enough, it feels the same at the VA too. I think a big obstacle with staying on down there is that I need to break out of this residency mold. I personally have shed that skin, but there are some people down there that still see that skin. I'm working on it.

Today I helped diffuse a disgruntled vet at the pick-up window at the pharmacy. As with every other realm of pharmacy, Mr. Vet was not necessarily mad at the pharmacy, but rather mad at the world. As the saying goes, shit slides down hill. Apparently he had some frustrating experiences with his physicians early that day and decided that my volunteer made a great punching bag. I, however, decided that this was not permissable. I carried his case of epsom salt to his car. When I got to the car with him, he turned and said, "You know, I was a real jackass back there. I'm sorry." I told him that I accepted his apology but wanted him to know that his anger was very displaced. He acknowledged this and asked me to pass on his apology to our volunteer. After I helped him load the epsom salt in his car, he got a t-shirt out of the back for me. He thanked me for my patience with him and my friendly smile. In return for being nice, I got a VFW t-shirt. I was quite impressed by the situation.

In concert news, this truly has become the summer of all summers for concerts. Rock on the Range kicked off a hell of a summer line up. In a couple weeks, I'm going to see Nickelback, Daughtry, and Staind with the VA crew. The seats suck, but the company is good. The first week in August, I'm going to see the Black Crowes with my two best VA pals. Then to wrap it all up, Cathy & I are going to see Papa Roach, Hinder, and BUCKCHERRY the last weekend in August. Yes, for those of you that are counting, that makes two Buckcherry concerts in 3 months. :) Buckcherry started the summer of concerts, and it will end it. Very fitting, very fitting indeed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Are you going to tell the groupie he is the father?

9:36 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

I suppose then is as good a time as any. HA! Smart ass. :)

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home