Monday, January 30, 2006

Yesterday vs. Today

I was driving to my rotation at 6:30AM this morning (waaaaay to freaking early), listening to an Oasis CD, when I realized that time really flies. Ten years ago, I was sitting on a school bus, wearing a Lady Bulldog's warm-up outfit, listening to the same CD. However, back then I was traveling to play a freshman basketball game and today I was driving to a rotation. If you would've asked me when I was sitting on that bus where I would be in 10 years, I never would've said pharmacy school. At the time, I was dating a Straight Edge skater and experimenting with the skater lifestyle myself. I figured 10 years later I'd find myself dabbling in forensic science or working for the FBI. Those dreams changed, but I'm not sure when they did. Ten years later, I was sitting in my car, listening to the same Oasis CD, driving to my rotation - 4 months shy of graduating with a Doctor of Pharmacy degree. And the boy...he was killed by a drunk driver two years ago. Ironic how someone who lived the no drugs, no alcohol lifestyle was murdered by a drunk driver.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home