Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Can I Borrow Your Hose?

Following along with my prevoius post, my personal life is also quit crazy right now. This afternoon the doorbell rang. I opened the door to find the 18yo neighbor boy standing on my front porch (for further details about the neighbors from hell, see previous posts). He asked me if I had a piece of hose he could borrow to ciphon gas out of a car. Apparently the blank and slightly appalled look on my face took him by surprise. Being a pharmacy student, my first thought was not that he was going to steal my gas (which it probably should've been) but that he was going to suck gasoline into his mouth. Before I could educate him about the dangers of allowing petroleum-based products to enter the body, he was explaining that his friend had a car that was undriveable and had a full tank of gas. They simply wanted to get the gas out of the tank since gas is so expensive. It was at this point that I remembered the day last week when my father's gas tank cap was ajar and gas was missing from the car. I almost said, "AJ, did you lose the hose you ciphoned my gas with???" But...I didn't. My father came over and dug out a piece of hose to go help the gangster kids. Much to my surprise, and much to the relief of the pharmacist in me, AJ and his friends had a vacuum pump at the ready to ciphon gas. The gasoline was not going to come into contact with their mucous membranes! Then it dawned on me...what are a bunch of 18yo hoodlums doing with a vacuum pump?! You know you are totally immersed in your career when your concern for someone else's health and well-being supercedes your common sense for being ripped off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Yasin said...

hi.nice weblog...all the best

3:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home