Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Lakshmi and Her Wealth

Axis's friend returned from a 2 year stent in India and brought me a gift - a wooden carving of Lakshmi. Lakshmi is the goddess of wealth, light, wisdom, fortune, luck, beauty, and fertility. All of which are currently somewhat absent from my life and dearly missed - with the major exception of fertility! Axis informed me that if Lakshmi sprinkled any fertility dust at his house that I would be raising the infant. I'm just hoping she isn't sprinkling fertility dust at my house! I have her on a shelf with Buddha. I'm hoping the two of them can get together and sprinkle a calm over my life - even if only temporarily.

2 Comments:

Blogger Axis of Evil said...

Light and wisdom abound, you just need to look and you'll see them. You have beauty within and without, so that one's covered also. Wealth is somewhat overated, although it certainly beats poverty. Fortune and luck are fickle, and we've already spoken about fertility. I'm telling you again, your little goddess better not have spread any around my house...

11:59 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. :) As you have probably discovered, I'm having a tough time these days. It's getting better - slowly, but it is improving.

My little goddess is hanging out with Buddha...keeping her fertility to herself. ;)

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home