Tuesday, August 12, 2008

That Which Doesn't Kill You...

Makes you stronger? Well, I must say this little addage is true for Jamie and I. This past July, Jamie and I decided that we're going to spend the rest of our lives together. This was a huge step for us. I never really bought the whole "love at first sight" thing...but I have to say, I knew pretty early on that Jamie was the guy I wanted to grow old with. I never met someone that matched me on so many levels. We're both from totally different backgrounds - but when it came to the simple things in life, we were definitely on the same page. It's been amazing to watch our relationship grow. I have never cultivated a relationship like this. Every adverse event we encounter causes us to become stronger. When I had to have surgery, Jamie was my rock. When I was frustrated about my job, Jamie was my sounding board. When Jamie was passed over for promotion, my arms were his safety net. When we decided to start looking for a "homeplace," I thought were were set. HA! Talk about stressful...this was probably the most stressful event we've been through thus far. My surgery, his lack of promotion - they couldn't compare! We argued over location, price, location, size, location, shape, location, color, location...ok, so mainly we argued over location. Then we argued over land versus house. After headbutting each other a few times (ok, rather headbutting each other until we both nearly lost consciousness), we found the perfect place. It's like a little slice of heaven - a white cape cod on 4.4 acres of land. And I must say - finding it together made us even stronger. Tomorrow's a big day - I'm meeting the realtor to make the offer on our future homeplace. It's going to be the place where we raise our children, the place where we grow old together. Thank God we got stronger, because I nearly thought we were going to kill each other!

2 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

I hope your brother has given you the rock bottom price to offer, and of course you go $40,000 below that in this market!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Yea - we got the house for $15,000 less than the appraisal value. Mike says it was a great deal. We're excited!!! :) BTW, I know the owner of your former house. Angel's a riot! :)

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home