Sunday, May 04, 2008

I Heart Nascar

Check out the 88 gear on this woman! :) Holy cow - I'm a redneck. I went to my first Nascar race this past weekend and now I'm hooked. I have 3 Junior shirts, a Junior hat, and a Junior beer bottle holder. I used to watch it with Jamie because he loved it. Now I'm watching it because I love it. Saturday was so exciting. The cars rumbling, the bleachers rattling, and the screaming - it was better than any rock concert I've ever been to. The fact that I got to share this experience with Jamie was even better. The look of excitement on his face was unbelievable. This was some serious tailgating. We partied for 12 hours before the race. My God, we were pulling out of the hotel parking lot at 6:30AM. These people KNOW how to tailgate.

The race itself was incredible. Jamie said it was quite possibly the best one he's ever seen at Richmond. Kurt Bush was in a hell of a crash. Michael Waltrip got put into the wall right infront of our seats. Watching Junior pull to the front was incredible. I never thought I'd be yelling and screaming for a Nascar driver. I was excited - excited like I've never been about a sport before (except when WVU beat Louisville in triple overtime at Mo'Town!). When Junior, Hamlin, and Kyle Bush were 3 wide in the back stretch, I was screaming my head off. When Junior passed Kyle Bush in turn 2 (and consequently, right in front of my seat) I was actually jumping up and down. We were screaming and jumping. I thought I was going to see Junior's first win since May 2006. But then Kyle Bush slammed him into the wall. @&#$ing cheating Kyle Bush! Even though Junior didn't win - it was an awesome race. And all I have to say is - I heart Nascar!!! :)

The funniest thing I saw all day:

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

I think I've lost you. Soon you will be saying Barack does not have enough experience and McCain is the only real candidate anyone can vote for.

Please come back towards the light.

Neckcar?? OMG!

What does Mike have to say about all this?

Did you get to see Hillary in Shetown and is Barack coming to WV?

1:56 AM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

*snicker* You haven't lost me. These are just things that happen when you leave me in WV and move to New Mexico! ;)

As far as politics, I'm so disgusted right now. I truly believed that Obama was the best man for this country. Then this Reverend with crazy ideals surfaced. I worry about Obama because of this. Who could sit in a pew and listen to this mantra for 20 years and not agree with it? That bothers me. That Reverend spews hate. The pulpit is NO place for hate. (Thank you Randy!) This guy's in the same boat as Jerry Fallwell with radicalism. It's bothersome. I really don't like Hillary. McCain will have us fighting wars until the end of time. Can we get another candidate?!?!? Ugh...

Mike doesn't say anything. We don't talk much anymore.

I didn't get to see Hillary in Shetown. But I did get to help convince Mary Beth Nobles that Hillary Clinton was at the VA. *snicker* I'm sure you know her from your Martins days. She's been at the VA for a while, but she used to work at the CTown Martins. It was priceless. It truly was. :)

6:43 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

You can not judge Obama based on what a pastor has said. I have seen people stay in churches even when they disagree with the pastor. Churches become families and one can form a lot of bonds even with the pastor they disagree with on some issues.

No one is going to agree with any pastor all the time. Is Wright a bit crazy? Yes. Is Barack a politician yes. He is still by far the best candidate. You are being affected by your current beau's attitude. Don't give up on Barack.

Let me guess you are starting to think he is an elitist also.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home