Saturday, April 26, 2008

Dying at the Pump

I was driving to see my nephew's last track meet of the season on Thursday, and I passed the local Sheetz. I nearly wrecked my car. $3.77/gallon for regular unleaded. Good God! The irony of gas prices is that they vary from gas station to gas station. For example Sheetz was $3.77/gallon...the 7-11 less than 1/2 mile from the Sheetz was $3.69/gallon...and the 7-11 that is about 2 miles from the Sheez was $3.55/gallon. WTF? How can three gas stations within a 5 mile radius, and all in the same state and county, have three different prices for gas? One of the stations was charging $0.22 more a gallon. Someone is laughing their ass all the way to the bank, and it isn't me or any of the other Americans trying to fill up at the pump. 2007 marked the biggest year of profits EVER for the oil companies. How ironic - considering 2008 is going to mark the beginning of a recession for America. I agree that we need to invest in alternative fuel sources. But that's going to help in the long run - we need help now. We can start by putting someone in the White House who isn't sharing wealth with the oil companies. It must be nice to pad your pockets while the average American is dying at the pump. It's time for change. January 2009 can't come quick enough!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home