Monday, May 09, 2005

DC Ho'

I was watching "Judging Amy" on TNT this afternoon when it hit me - next week this time I'll be sitting in the basement of Washington Hospital Center. I think the rotation is going to be awesome - however my entire life is going to put on hold for four weeks. Due to the ever increasing price of gas and my concern for the environment, I have decided to not drive to DC every day. Lucky for me, my hometown is equipped with a train station...and a commuter train that goes to Union Station in DC. I talked to my preceptor and he thinks this is a great idea. The bad news - the train leaves my hometown at 5:25AM. I will be in DC by 7:30, where I will then catch the Metro. Finally I will board a Medstar bus and be transported to the hospital. My first day's assignment is this: Get from my hometown to DC in one piece. I am trying to catch the 4:55PM train out of DC to my hometown. This train arrives back at my train station at 6:55PM. Great...home with enough time to eat dinner, take a shower, and get to bed. There are people who live here that do this shit every day. I'm sorry, but no amount of money would be worth that. Since I'm only doing it for four weeks, I'm not too upset about it. I'm a little nervous, but I would be nervous no matter where I was going. The unknown always makes me a little aprehensive. I know I'll do fine. And, I'm actually looking forward to the experience. Now that I've accepted this, if I could just get my cat back...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home