Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Yesterday I received my Instant Karma album in the mail. What a fitting way to start celebrating Independence Day. Yoko Ono was right - John would be proud. The album is amazing. It's stimulating - it's moving. Again, I am even more impressed by a band that I once thought was a just a silly Pop group. The Blacked Eyes Peas provide an awesome cover of Power to the People. Listening to that song makes me think of the Civil Rights demonstrations of the 1960s. The beat rocks. In honor of Independence Day, I printed out a membership form for the Berkeley County Democrats. I think I'm ready to start becoming more politically active. Too bad Roma moved away - we could've rallied together! I also took a minute today and thought of all the men and women currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as those preparing to deploy. I cannot begin to express my disappointment in our Democratic leaders who would not stand their ground and force an end to this pathetic war. Here's to hoping the Democrats find their spine and our boys/girls come home before next Independence Day.

"W" is in our town to celebrate the 4th. Last time he came to town, I proudly stood along his parade route and held a Kerry/Edwards sign. Unfortunately, he's staying tucked away at our local Air National Guard base. I'd love to show him a homemade Obama sign. Actually he's screwing up my 4th of July partying plans. We have a big picnic planned and the road to my house has been shut down by the Secret Service. Thanks for ruining my day Mr. President! Hopefully him and his parade of Secret Service agents will vacate the area prior to the start of the party - and definitely before we set off our multitude of illegal fireworks. I think it would be a fitting tribute to our founding fathers if I protested not only Bush's presence in my small town - but his presence in the White House, his foreign policy, his crony-ism exhibited by his commuting Scooter Libby's sentence, and his absolute ignorance.

4 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

I celebrated the 4th by writing Nancy Pelosi and my Rep. Tom Udall and asking them to start impeachment procedings. I wish I was there to enjoy the party, and to help you take over the Berkeley County Dems.

5:30 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

When are you going to write abote how horrible the Potter movie was??

I made the mistake of rereading the book before seeing the movie and was dissappointed by all the things they left out. What is wrong with a 6 hour movie???

12:32 AM  
Blogger TrishRx said...

I haven't seen the movie yet - so shhhhhhh! I'm going Sunday to the IMAX in Dulles. :) I'll put a full post up as soon as I see it! :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger ROMA said...

Well?????? I'm sure you have not only seen the movie but read the book by now. Don't give any book ending away yet I have not finished it but what did you think of the movie?

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home