Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thoughts for the New Year

So a friend from college dropped me a line to let me know that my absence from the blogsphere has been noticed. Point well taken. I figure it's the new year, so this post should be a reflection of the year past and a prophetic look to the coming year. 2007 was pretty good. Here's a list of things I accomplished in 2007:

1) Met the members of Buckcherry in person - have the autographs to prove it
2) Drug my 16yo niece to a real rock concert, and let her experience "the floor"
3) Proved my ability to run the hospital pharmacy on an evening shift
4) Demanded a life saving medication for one of my patients - and got it
5) Witnessed a code...sadly unsuccessful
6) Hit a deer - my first auto accident
7) Learned to knit
8) Began my career as a hospital pharmacist
9) Met a great guy who is not intimidated by my career or my intelligence
10) Decided that being a staff pharmacist is MY CAREER CHOICE - not a stumbling block

Here's a list of things I hope to accomplish in 2008:

1) Help elect the first ever African American President of the United States
2) Fight fairly - stop rehashing the past
3) Meet the members of Papa Roach
4) Drag my niece to no less than 3 great rock concerts
5) Decide whether I want to work the evening shift permenantly
6) Stand up to the Chief of Pharmacy and tell him that I find it extremely offensive that he thinks my being a staff pharmacist is a stumbling block and a disappointment
7) Knit a sweater
8) Start an IRA
9) Love myself wholely and unconditionally
10) Watch WVU win the BCS National Championship

There ya go Butts. Stay tuned for more posts. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

YAY! You posted, finally. Ummmm, I think you left out a very important part of 2007. Maybe that you precepted a few awesome students? I don't know, but I think that should be noted. ;)

1:26 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

Beth! Well put! I did have a glaring omission in the post - precepting some of the Class of 2008's finest! :)

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home