Friday, August 17, 2007

Veteran Humor

Last night I worked my third evening shift in a row. Let's just say the evening shifts have tethered between absolutely insane and busy. Last night I was running up to the narcotic vault for the second time, when a veteran standing down near the Emergency Room said hello. I smiled and returned his greeting. I turned the corner to enter the pharmacy and out of the corner of my eye saw him grasp his chest. He yelled, "Nurse!" I, not being a nurse, turned around and started to run towards him. I said, "I'm not a nurse." And he replied, while clutching his chest, "Are you a doctor?" I said, "No, I'm a pharmacist." He stopped clutching his chest and said, "Oh...well in that case do you have my medications for me?" Apparently the puzzled look on my face shocked him. He said, "Oh, I was just kidding with the chest grabbing thing. I just wanted to see your pretty face again." I think I could've slugged him. Number one - I was extremely busy. Number two - he scared the shit out of me, because I thought he was having a heart attack. I did smile and tell him to have a good night...and get another pick up line. He laughed and wandered down the hall. I think the war may have addled his brain...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home