Saturday, August 04, 2007

Another Reason to Hate the War

I was processing transfer orders in the Inpatient Pharmacy on Thursday when I received quite the shock. The veteran who was transfering from our Inpatient Acute Psychiatry floor to our PTSD Domiciliary Program was 18-years-old. Another youth of America battered, bruised, and scarred for life from a political war. A glance at his profile revealed severe PTSD secondary to watching his best friend be "blown up." He'll probably pull through his acute decompensation; however, he'll carry this burden the rest of his life. It enraged me. Eighteen-years-old and unable to function in soceity, sharing a room with a 60yo Vietnam Vet, homeless, abandoned by his family. There are no winners in this war - just miserable losers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Axis of Evil said...

At least he is diagnosed and possibly getting some help. Image how many are out there with no help. But the real question is: Why do you hate America?

11:44 PM  
Blogger ahsirt said...

I know, I know. Shame on me. Actually I learned last week that I could be fired from my job for making political statements. Now my blog has become an underground conspiracy. Apparently I can serve the veterans, just not take a stance on the war, veteran benefits, the state of America in general, etc. Just serve and shut up. Hmmm...I don't think so...

11:24 PM  
Blogger ROMA said...

You can not only be fired for making politcal statements but I truly believe in todays's America you could disappear for making the wrong political statement or just knowing someone who may know someone else....

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home