Saturday, January 06, 2007

Wishes for 2007

Roma suggested that I stop focusing on the past and start planning for the future (or something like that - I think I added a few words to what he said, but you have to admit I put it more eloquently). This past week was a step in the right direction. I'm starting to pull out of my funk and starting to realize that I am satisfied. I started in the ICU this week...and it was awesome to say the least. I didn't run any codes, and I didn't have any life threatening cases - but it was exciting nonetheless. In between medication reconciliation and drug presentations, I started to think about what I want from 2007. Some of these wishes are altruistic, and some are just plain selfish - but they're my wishes so I'm ok with that. :)

1. An Exit Strategy
~This definitely leads the list this year. I think working with JW has made me want this even more. I see a shattered 22yo guy who will never be the same - all for a political war. I see lots of these guys on a daily basis. It's time to get out - period.

2. Employment
~The first of many selfish wishes. My residency ends in June 2007, and now that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I'm starting to get a little jittery about my future. Should I stay at the VA? Can I stay at the VA? Where else can I go? My wish is that it all just falls together and I reap the rewards. :)

3. Happiness
~The most childish wish on the list. After a tumultuous 2 months, I'm ready for some happiness. I'm starting to get there. I think this past week opened some big doors. I don't gain happiness from material things - which makes me different from a lot of people. Don't get me wrong, money is nice - but personal interactions are more enriching. So I guess I'm hoping 2007 is full of more smiles than frowns - and more people who give in return rather than take and take and take.

4. Concerts
~HA! 2006 was filled with only 1 concert - which is extremely weak for me. My dream list for this year includes Buckcherry (always #1), AFI, Green Day, U2, My Chemical Romance, Poison, Cinderella, and anyone else who can make me scream. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

Weak list!!!! Happiness, a job, and concerts. Is that all you really want out of 2007? I guess you will be saying at the end of the year 3 out of 4 ain't bad!!!

Come on tell your readers what you really want to see by the end of 2007.

As John Travolta said in "Michael"

"CHALLENGE"

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home