Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Week Thus Far

I'm sure glad my funk has gone, because this week + my funk could've been lethal. HA! Here's the low down...

Monday ~ Fireman called again. We rehashed our entire relationship. It felt good to finally get some of the stuff out into the open. This was culminated by a telephone call at 12:30 from a friend that I haven't been entirely close with for a couple years. I'm just emotionally rung out over him and the whole situation. After all of this, I felt slightly numb...but I didn't hurt. I think I really have pulled out of the funk. I went to bed at 2:00am and got up at 5:45am.

Tuesday ~ Day from hell in the ICU. Completed no less than 20 non-formulary requests... I pulled the door shut to my office at 4:45 and realized that I left the keys to get into the office lying on my desk.

Wednesday ~ HA! The diamond of the week. After roudns in the ICU this morning, I was greeted with several messages from a patient. He apparently was given my name and telephone number by one of the idiot docs. I answered his non-formulary consult for excessive tramadol yesterday - I recommended denial. The chief of mental health agreed with my assessment and denied the request. This apparently made the patient not so happy. He wanted to know why I wouldn't let him have his pills. The last thing I needed today was a guy with a substance abuse problem yelling at me about his lack of opioid receptor activation! So, I passed it on to my supervisor, who passed it on to the chief of mental health. Taken care of. Then I had P&T this evening which was made oh so very special by a especially lovely nurse. I just wanted to get up and point at her badge and say, "See, that says R.N. - as in registered nurse; not medical doctor." But I played nicely..and bitched afterwards. Now I think I'm gonna have a beer and put this day to rest!

**Song of the Week: Teddybears - Punkrocker**

1 Comments:

Blogger ROMA said...

How the hell are you getting up at 5:45 when you rarely made it to work on time at 9AM? Glad to see your week was going so well. Hope things got better.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home